This low-carb chocolate mint avocado smoothie recipe may taste like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie, but make no mistake — it’s good for you, too. It combines healthy sources of saturated fat and monounsaturated fats from avocado, cacao butter, and coconut with collagen protein.
Smoothies are incredibly efficient and convenient on-the-go options for busy biohackers and health nuts. If you’re like me and value efficiency in the kitchen, you can do as I do and not worry about eating solid food until dinner time. With a bit of planning, you can make your first two meals — Bulletproof Coffee for breakfast and this avocado smoothie for lunch — in the same blender in under 15 minutes in the morning.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 capsules of Collagen Gold
- 1/2 a frozen avocado
- 4 mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon of crushed cacao butter
- 2 tablespoons of shredded coconut
- Add all ingredients excluding the two capsules of Collagen Gold and shredded coconut to a blender.
- Blend for 45 seconds on high.
- Add two Collagen Gold capsules and blend for 5 seconds on low
- Top with coconut flakes.