Labisia Pumila or is popularly known as Kacip Fatimah is a herb that grows on forest floors. The most common species normally found in Malaysia are var. Alata, var. Lanceolata dan var Pumila. Kacip Fatimah is also locally known as Selusoh Fatimah, rumput Siti Fatimah, akar Fatimah, kacit Fatimah, kacip Patimah, kunci Fatimah, pokok pinggang, rumput palis, tadah matahari, mata pelanduk rimba, bunga belungkas hutan, remoyan batu or Sangkoh.
Kacip Fatimah is historically used for women’s health. Traditionally, Kacip Fatimah is used to facilitating delivery and is used as a medicine during confinement.
Kacip Fatimah Usage
According to traditional practice, the whole part of the Kacip Fatimah herb will be boiled with other herbs for the well being of women. Kacip Fatimah can also be found in many healthy food and beverages. In the pharmaceutical arena, Kacip Fatimah can be found in many dosage forms such as in capsules, tablets and herbal teas.
Types of claims allowed
Permissible indications allowed for products containing Kacip Fatimah include claims made for the general health of women such as to strengthen the body after delivery, to reduce vaginal discharge, and to improve menstrual flow. These claims are allowed as long as they are supported by references from books, herbal pharmacopeias, or clinical studies.
Generally, Kacip Fatimah is added to many medicinal products and health beverages due to its nutritional value which benefits women’s health. This has made Kacip Fatimah attractive for both local and international researchers to further investigate its therapeutic benefits. Other than its use to facilitate delivery and during confinement, there are oncoming clinical studies that are showing positive results on the potential use of Kacip Fatimah as having anti-oxidant and anti-aging properties.
- Heals the Female Reproductive System – This herb has been used for thousands of years for healing the female reproductive tract. Kacip Fatimah contains phytoestrogen or plant-based estrogen for healing the female reproductive tract and for helping with the symptoms of menopause and healing the vaginal tract and breasts.
- Helps Women with a Loss of Libido – Kacip Fatima also helps to balance hormones and increase libido thus restoring sexual vitality. Kacip Fatima also helps to create more testosterone which restores female libido.
- Balances Hormones – Like chaste tree berry, Kacip Fatimah also balances hormones.
- Tones Vagina – Kacip Fatimah is great for toning the vaginal muscles after childbirth and also works for abdominal muscles. In general Kacip Fatimah helps to shrink the birth canal after childbirth.
- Heals Pain After Giving Birth – This herb is also great for getting rid of pain and inflammation after giving birth.
Women’s Secret is herbal supplement formulated for women’s health. It contains so many potent ingredients and one of it to be Kacip Fatimah.