Fertility and diet are hot topics—and fertility-related foods are part of that craze. But can eating certain foods really boost your fertility?
While there is no specific food or fertility diet that will magically boost your chances of conception, a nutritious and well-balanced diet can certainly help support overall health, including reproductive health, in both men and women.
The liver, particularly cow’s liver, is one of the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet. It’s loaded with fat-soluble vitamins, including vitamin A which is difficult to obtain elsewhere in the diet.
Besides being the ultimate source of natural vitamin A, the liver is loaded with highly absorbable iron, which helps prevent miscarriage and maternal anemia, and vitamin B12, which is required for the proper formation of red blood cells and DNA. The liver is also a rich source of choline, omega-3 fatty acids, and folate.
How to Eat It
You can certainly go the traditional route with a simple liver and onions with oyster sauce recipe.
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Shaoxing rice wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons vegetable, canola, or peanut oil
- 10 ounces liver (poultry or pork), cut roughly into 2-inch segments
- 2 scallions, cut into 1-inch segments
- One 1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, wine, and cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk with a fork to combine. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until smoking. Add the liver and stir-fry until firm but the interior is still very pink 60 to 90 seconds. Remove the liver with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Return wok to high heat. Add the scallions and ginger, and stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the onions reduce heat to medium, and continue to stir-fry until the onions are soft and slightly caramelized, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Return liver to wok and add sauce mixture. Stir-fry rapidly to prevent the cornstarch from clumping. Stir-fry the liver until the interior is still pink but no longer rare, about 20 seconds longer. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Additional support can be from your supplements that you take such as Byherbs Royal Jelly that are suitable for both men and women.