A healthy and hearty meals with yellows and greens. The natural sweetness of the pineapple is great for a diabetic to still enjoy a scrumptious meal!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- 4 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1/4 of a fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3/4 cup cucumber cut into thin bite-size strips
- 3/4 cup snow beans
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin bite-size strips
- 3 tablespoons bottled stir-fry sauce
In a wok or large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Stir-fry red onion in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add pineapple pieces, cucumbers, and snow beans. Stir-fry for 2 minutes more. Remove mixture from wok.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to hot wok. Add chicken. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. Return onion mixture to wok. Add stir-fry sauce. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until heated through. If desired, serve with fresh pineapple wedges. Makes 4 servings.