Roasting vegetables and salmon together on one sheet pan while the rice cooks makes an easy, satisfying meal packed with protein, whole grains and veggies. To ensure that you’re getting 100 percent whole grains, mix white and brown rice together.
Prep Time: 40 Minutes
Cook Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 cup mixed white and brown rice
- 2 medium beets, peeled and cut into ½-inch wedges
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 1 lemon
- 30 gram salmon fillet, cut into 4 portions
- 2 rosemary sprigs, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, basil or rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
Preheat oven to 218°C.
Cook rice blend according to package directions.
Meanwhile, toss beets and Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. After the rice has cooked for 10 minutes, spread the vegetables on a large rimmed baking sheet and roast until just beginning to brown and soften, about 15 minutes.
Cut lemon in half crosswise. Cut half the lemon into 4 slices (reserve the other lemon half). Push the beets and Brussels sprouts to one side of the baking sheet and place salmon on the empty half. Sprinkle the salmon with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and top each piece of salmon with a rosemary sprig and a lemon slice. Continue roasting until the vegetables have softened and the salmon is opaque in the center, 9 to 11 minutes more.
Meanwhile, squeeze the juice from the remaining lemon half into a small bowl. Whisk in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, herbs, garlic and the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
Divide the rice among 4 bowls. Discard the lemon slices and rosemary sprig. Arrange the salmon and vegetables on top of the rice. Drizzle each serving with about 1 tablespoon lemon juice mixture and sprinkle with pistachios.