The “good fat” in foods with omega-3 fatty acids can help lower blood pressure, prevent heart disease and even improve your mental health. It’s also great for your skin, bones and joints! Here’s a look at one of the top omega-3 food source, the salmon, along with the recipe you can try at home.
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- For the glaze, mix the first 4 ingredients.
- Place salmon on an oiled grill rack over medium heat, skin side up. Grill, covered until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-5 minutes per side; brush the top with half of the glaze after turning. Brush with remaining glaze before serving
However, you don’t always have to resort to fish as a staple food to gain your nutrients. There are many omega-3 formulated supplements out there that can help to fulfill your omega-3 needs. Fret not, Byherbs are willing to take care of that needs of yours.