Ever thought of eating fish with wraps? It may sound foreign, but this recipe can serve you as a delicious snack. It is easy to do and carry around for a picnic. What’s best? It is known for being a low cholesterol snack, holding only 20 carb grams per serving.
SALMON AND ASPARAGUS WRAPS – 2 servings
- 6 thin fresh asparagus spears
- 1/4 cupfat-free cream cheese (tub)
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cayenne pepper
- 3 ounces smoked salmon (coarsely flaked, skin and bones removed)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 2 whole wheat flour tortillas that are 6-7 inches long
- 1/4 of a red sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- Remove woody bases from asparagus
- Using a covered large saucepan, cook asparagus spears in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water. Ensure that the ingredient turns crisp-tender, which takes approximately 3-5 minutes
- Drain and plunge into ice water to cool quickly. Drain it once more and use paper towels or tissue to dry
- Mix together cream cheese, lemon peel, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in a small bowl.
- Fold in flaked salmon and basil. Spread on tortillas.
- For wraps, arrange 3 of the asparagus spears and half of the sweet pepper strips on top of the salmon mixture on each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas. Wrap in plastic wrap. Chill overnight. Store until ready to eat.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
PER SERVING: 160 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 555 mg sodium, 20 g carb. (3 g fiber), 13 g pro.