Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Juicy stir friend beef with vegetables and herbs, stuffed in sweet potatoes. Chop the carrots, onion and tomato into small pieces so they go almost unnoticed when cooked with the ground beef-perfect for that picky vegetable eater who’s trying to eat healthier.
- 4 small sweet potatoes, scrubbed and washed
- 4 medium carrots, 2 roughly chopped and 2 shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cherry tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook chicken in a hot skillet with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Combine the chopped carrots, onions, tomatoes, garlic, 2 tablespoons of the vinegar, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, cayenne and a few grinds of black pepper in a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add the vegetable mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until dry, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook, scraping up any brown bits with a wooden spoon, until the water evaporates, about 1 minute.
- Add the ground beef and cook, stirring and breaking it up into smaller chunks, until browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Split the potatoes in half, scoop out some of the warm flesh and add it to the beef mixture; stir to combine.
- Divide the potato halves among four plates and generously fill each half with the beef-potato mixture.
- Toss the shredded carrots with the cilantro, the remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Divide the carrot slaw among the four plates.