Almost anyone can benefit from drinking turmeric, especially because it can boost the immune system and act as an anticancer agent. People with pain caused by inflammation can perhaps benefit the most. We don’t want to waste its benefits so we came up with delicious drink recipes for you to enjoy and stay healthy as well!
For allergies and colds with just Honey
Combine all of these ingredients into 1 tsp. of raw local honey, then eat the honey.
- A pinch of turmeric
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of ginger
How does it help?
The raw, local honey has pollens mixed in it that landed on the bee’s coat when it made the honey, so it helps desensitize you to local allergens. The turmeric is a natural, anti-inflammatory to quell the swelling of sinuses, and black pepper helps move the turmeric through the bloodstream to where it needs to go.
Ginger and Turmeric Hot Cider
Comfort drink for everyone! This nutritional hot drink helps to boost your immune system as well.
- 1 cup fresh, sweet apple cider
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp grated fresh turmeric
- 1½-inch by ½ -inch strip lemon peel, white part included
- In a small saucepan, combine cider, ginger, turmeric and lemon peel over medium-high heat.
- Heat until a ring of bubbles appears around the edge of the pan – about 3 minutes.
- Cover pan and set aside to steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour hot-spiced cider through a fine tea strainer into a mug.
- Serve immediately.
Warm Spiced Turmeric Milk
Substitute your hot chocolate for this drink! This is another way to get healthy dose of turmeric.
- 1 cup of low-fat milk (or milk substitute)
- ¾ tsp honey
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 dash of vanilla extract
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground allspice
- Warm the milk on the stovetop.
- Gently whisk in remaining ingredients until dissolved.
- Heat on low for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Pour mixture through a sieve then serve.