The best moist banana bread that is so delicious you won’t know it’s healthy! You are going to love this easy to make healthy banana bread recipe.
It has the sweetness, moisture and flavor that you are looking for in a loaf of banana bread, healthy or otherwise.
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or olive oil
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Optional extras: ½ cup of nuts, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, or fruit.
- Grease and line a 23 x 13 cm loaf pan with baking paper. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees Celcius.
- Place dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry ingredients and stir gently until combined.
- Bake at 160 degrees for 45-60 minutes (depending on the oven).
Depending on where you get your banana bread, it can be a health bomb or a health boost. Many packaged and bakery breads tend to be high in calories, sugar and fats. However, options for healthier breads are increasing as companies and bakers become more aware of the desire for a lighter, more nutritious banana loaf. Making your own at home is the ideal way to control ingredients for a healthy, delicious bread you can enjoy daily.