When you’ve been diagnosed with osteoporosis you want a diet with a steady supply of bone-building nutrients. This delicious dish that follow offer a bevy of calcium and vitamin D, which form the foundation of a diet for a sturdy skeleton, as well as other nutrients critical for bone health, including protein.
2 tablespoons tub margarine
1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
1 can (12 fluid ounces) 2% reduced-fat evaporated milk
2 large whole eggs
2 large egg whites
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 cup (4 ounces) 50% reduced fat Cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken/turkey ham
1 10-ounce box chopped frozen broccoli, thawed or 2 cups cooked
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 10″ pie pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- Heat margarine over medium heat in a medium skillet. Sauté onions until translucent.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the evaporated milk, eggs, egg whites, flour and ground black pepper. Reserve.
- Sprinkle half the cheese (1/2 cup) and the ham in the pan. Top with onions and broccoli.
- Pour milk and egg mixture into pie pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before serving.
This joint friendly recipe will sure savour your taste buds! On top of these, adding supplements to your daily practice is going to help you achieve to get your results fast too. It is always good to have a support!