Breakfast. It’s the most important meal of the day, especially for those of us trying to be healthy and maybe even shed a few pounds. And yet with the morning rush and long list of daily chores, many of us fall guilty in forgetting to grab a bite to eat in the morning before running out the door.
Try starting the day with this salmon recipe, easy to make and packed with goodness!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g Tenderstem broccoli, each piece cut into 3
- ½ a small red onion, finely sliced
- 3 large free-range eggs
- Knob of butter
- 40g low- fat cream cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Salt and pepper
- 50g smoked salmon, cut into strips
1. Heat the olive oil in a small non-stick frying pan (around 15cm diameter) and gently sauté the Tenderstem broccoli and onion until it is softened and starting to become golden. Remove from the pan and keep to one side.
2. While the onion and broccoli are cooking, mix together the cream cheese and chopped chives. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Return the pan to the hob, increase the heat and add the butter. Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk together with a fork. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Once the butter is bubbling, add the eggs. Swirl around the pan and either using a fork or rubber spatula, stir around until the eggs are almost set. Spread to cover the surface and leave to continue cooking for a minute or so, until the top of the eggs are almost set, with just a little liquid on the surface.
5. Spoon the onion and Tenderstem broccoli onto one half of the omelette. Add the cream cheese and finally lay over the salmon. Tilt the pan and carefully fold over the other half of the omelette on top of the filling. Slide onto a plate and serve with a green salad.
Salmon is rich in Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which has the benefits of boosting your brain and heart health. Indeed a “hearty” breakfast! Similarly, practicing clean food and consuming supplements, both will achieve your goals!