You’ll never want to eat roasted cauliflower any other way once you try this tasty recipe. Turkey bacon, sour cream and sharp Cheddar cheese coat good-for-you cauliflower in deliciousness for an easy side that will make everyone actually want to eat their vegetables.
Ingredients (8 servings)
- 3 slices turkey bacon
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 4 scallions, sliced, divided
Preparation (Prep 20 min | Ready in 1 hour)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add turkey bacon to a large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook until crisp, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and let cool.
- Stir cauliflower, pepper, salt and the turkey bacon drippings together in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Roast, stirring twice, until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir 1 cup cheese, sour cream and half the scallions together in a small bowl. When the cauliflower is tender, stir in the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup cheese. Bake until hot, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Chop the cooled turkey bacon. Sprinkle the hot casserole with turkey bacon and remaining scallions.