Frozen Fruit Smoothie
Although smoothies are sweet, making it seem like they’re a treat more than a health benefit, they actually full of nutrients. A fruit smoothie contains large amounts of folate. vitamin C, and potassium. Most fruits are a great source for these nutrients and one fruit smoothie can contain up to 2-3 servings of fruit.
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, raspberries, or cherries
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey or to taste
Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Note: For non-dairy smoothies, substitute 1 cup rice milk for the milk and yogurt. Or, use soy yogurt or milk instead of dairy.