HIGH PROTEIN TUNA POTATO SALAD
Salads do not necessarily have to depend on high-calorie salad dressings for them to taste good. This Tuna Potato salad takes very little preparation and is laden with protein and sufficient carbs to fuel you throughout the day. It is a convenient takeout meal for the people on the go, easy to eat and really tasty.
- 300g Baby Potatoes
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 Cherry Tomatoes
- 150g Can of Ayam Brand Tuna (in Oil/Water/Chili)
- Bell pepper (optional)
- 200g green beans, halved
- 1-2 Eggs
- 30g-50g Shredded Cheddar (to taste)
- Handfuls of Spinach
- Black pepper to season (optional)
In this recipe we have replaced salt with cheddar cheese. Did you know the recommended limit of salt intake per day is no more than 1500mg?
In 50g of cheddar is approximately 300mg of salt, and for that small amount, you get the same level of taste you would with a heavy pinch of salt.
With that, also comes 11g of protein per 50g of cheddar.
- Put the potatoes in a pan of boiling water, boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes until tender. Cut into halves or quarters and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan. Halve the tomatoes, drain and flake the tuna, cut the green beans & and cut bell pepper into chunks. Sautee in hot pan for 2-3mins.
- Add eggs in and scramble.
- Add potatoes and mix well. Turn off heat.
- Add spinach and let it wilt in the warmth of the pan. Stir in cheddar and let it slowly melt unto the ingredients.
- Season with black pepper.