Chicken nuggets are one of tastiest comfort foods! It would be more enjoyable without all the after-guilt that come after. How do we turn this famous finger food into something nutritious? With no fillers, additives, fats, double frying, this is definitely a better swap. They are also a great source of protein to your diet.
HEALTHIER CHICKEN NUGGETS
PREP TIME: 30 Minutes
- 16 oz (2 large) skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut into even nugget size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive oil spray/ olive oil
- 8 tbsp whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 218°C. Spray a baking sheet with olive oil spray or oil the tray lightly with olive oil.
- Break and whisk the egg in one bowl. Put the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in another.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then put in the bowl with the egg and mix well so the egg evenly coats all of the chicken.
- Put a few chunks of chicken at a time into the breadcrumb mixture to coat, then on the baking tray.
- Lightly spray the top with olive oil spray/brush on olive oil lightly, then bake 8 – 10 minutes. Turn over then cook another 4 – 5 minutes or until cooked through.
You can also double or triple the recipe and prepare them in advance when u need a snack. Line them on a baking sheet to keep them separated, and put them into a container to freeze.