This is an easy recipe for tom yum soup, a popular sour and spicy Thai soup with bold flavours. It contains lemongrass, galangal, kaffir lime leaves, chilli and lime for a most authentic taste. At only 97 calories per serving, this is a great dish if you’re looking to lose weight or keep those kilos off!
TOM YUM SOUP
- 300g prawns, shells removed
- 800ml reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 8 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 stalks crushed lemongrass
- 2 pieces red chillies, seeded and sliced
- 1 piece galangal
- 400g straw mushrooms, drained and halved
- Coriander and lime wedge, to garnish
- In a medium pot, bring to a boil vegetable stock, lime leaves, lemongrass, chillies and galangal. Once boiling, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Throw in prawns and straw mushrooms. Simmer further for 5 minutes until well done.
- Garnish with coriander and lime wedge. Serve hot.
Per serving: 97 calories; 1 g fat; 1.5 g carbohydrates; 18 g protein
Carbohydrate Servings: 0