Classic burger elements become a fast, fun salad–a deconstructed take on a diner favourite. Definitely a must-try for a healthier and light twist on a classic!
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 55 grams of lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut horizontally into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 packet of chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup unsalted ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
Shape beef into 2 (2 cm-thick) patties; sprinkle with pepper and salt. Heat oil on pan over medium-high heat. Add patties; cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Add onion to pan; cook 5 to 6 minutes on each side; separate into rings. Cut burgers into bite-sized pieces. Divide romaine, burgers, onion, tomato, and cheese among 4 bowls.